Your content goes here
FWPCOT2236 Fall trees manually (basic)
If you work within the forest, agricultural, local council, emergencies services and other government agency environment, this course is for you. (With the exception of minor forest produce, it is not relevant to commercial harvesting operations).
This training will cover the skills and knowledge required by chainsaw operators to prepare for, assess and manually fall the class of basic trees or small trees with a low level of complexity and to complete operator maintenance. Tree felling techniques will include scarf cutting, back cutting to provide hinge-wood and the use of wedges to assist in controlling falling direction.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory, or certification requirements apply to this unit in some states & territories at the time of publication and may differ according to jurisdiction.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
FWPCOT2236 Fall trees manually
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Participants must have:
- The physical capacity to use a chainsaw whilst wearing the appropriate PPE to fell basic trees.
- The skills to complete accurate basic records for tree felling process, equipment faults and maintenance requirements, estimate tree dimensions, including height, length, diameter and volume, complete routine calculations and report on size, length, diameter of felled trees etc.
- Face to Face – 14 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Performance tasks **:**
- Emergency and safety equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Tools and equipment
- Chainsaw and components
- Communication techniques
- Preparation for tree felling scenario
- Assess, plan and carry out tree-felling operations appropriate to conditions for 3 different trees
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
If You Can Not Find A Course Or Program Above – Theres Another Option!
If you would like to complete one of our courses or programs and can’t find one in your area or would like to request RSS to look at scheduling one in your region, please complete the registration form by clicking on the button below.