Your content goes here
FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws
This chemical course aims to develop skills and knowledge required to safely handle, transport and store chemicals. It is for individuals who work under broad direction, take responsibility for their own work and use discretion and judgement in the selection, allocation and use of available resources and for solving problems.
Working safely in this area requires you to be able to identify health and safety hazards, assess risks and implement controls. Participants will learn how to ensure emergency services contact details are available, check that the transport vehicle meets regulations and that chemicals are loaded, secured and protected according to regulations and procedures.
The course covers emergency equipment and procedures, maintaining a chemical storage manifest, inventory and records, following safety data sheets (SDS) and chemical label instructions. Which includes monitoring chemical expiration and disposing of chemicals and waste.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Participants must have the physical capacity to handle, transport and store chemicals. Skills to be able to read instructions and procedures, perform mathematical calculations to determine chemical weights, volumes and quantities to determine handling and storage requirements and record details.
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Refresher training – 8 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Practical scenarios –
- Prepare, transport and handle chemicals
- Store chemicals in the workplace
- Follow procedures for a chemical spill
- Documentation – Completion of a risk assessment form, incident reporting form and a manifest/inventory form.
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
If You Can Not Find A Course Or Program Above – Theres Another Option!
If you would like to complete one of our courses or programs and can’t find one in your area or would like to request RSS to look at scheduling one in your region, please complete the registration form by clicking on the button below.