Your content goes here
FWPFGM3213 – Fall trees manually (advanced)
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required by an individual to effectively carry out felling procedures for trees with a level of complexity that requires significant tree assessment and advanced practical felling skills. Individuals completing this course should be able to effectively fell trees of any size, species and condition, including those with significant defects and characteristics that cause excessive felling complexity, that is deemed safe to fell.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
FWPCOT2236 Fall trees manually
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Participants must have the physical capacity to use a chainsaw whilst wearing the appropriate PPE to fell intermediate level trees with the following characteristics:
Trees typical to the scope of this unit may include the following characteristics:
- lean and weight distribution that adds significant complexity yet can be assessed and adapted to site requirements
- larger dimensions relative to local forest size distribution
- substantial lean
- damage or defect that requires complex felling techniques
- multi-legged, hollow butts, culls and stags
- species prone to free splitting and adverse reactions during felling
- single or complex multi-stems
- diameter of tree greater than the chainsaw bar length
- grown on terrain and slope that can add significant complexity to the operation
- Face to Face – 14 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
- Assess, plan and carry out tree-felling operations appropriate to conditions for 24 different trees (Log stand) in practice
- Assess, plan and carry out tree-felling operations appropriate to conditions for 6 different trees in practice
Performance tasks **:**
- Emergency and safety equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Tools and equipment
- Chainsaw and components
- Communication techniques
- Preparation for tree felling scenario
- Assess, plan and carry out tree-felling operations appropriate to conditions for 3 different trees in assessment.
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
If You Can Not Find A Course Or Program Above – Theres Another Option!
If you would like to complete one of our courses or programs and can’t find one in your area or would like to request RSS to look at scheduling one in your region, please complete the registration form by clicking on the button below.