HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation & oxygen therapy
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). As with any training, it is beneficial if it occurs before being confronted with a real-life situationThis Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR and oxygen in the event of an emergency.
Participants attending this course will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence required to provide an emergency response and use specialised equipment for those in need of resuscitation, in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants will also learn how to monitor and handover the casualty to medical professionals for further care, and how to maintain resuscitation and oxygen equipment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
HLTAID015 -Provide advanced resuscitation & oxygen therapy
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Face to Face – 6 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 4 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 1-hour face to face practical assessment
- Refresher training – 4 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Remote Safety Solutions runs this course at the following locations year-round;
To view our open public courses fees please select your course in the booking calendar on this page. For group quotes and bookings, email or call [email protected] 0431 248 389
For more information about our Remote Area First Aid course please feel free to give us a call on 0431 248 389 or email [email protected]
Please read and review this information prior to undertaking your training with Allens Training or an Allens Training Partner STUDENT HANDBOOK