PUAEME004A Provide emergency care for suspected spinal injury
Information about the course
This unit covers the competency required to minimise further injury to a casualty when applying first aid and waiting for emergency medical aid. The application of this unit in the workplace covers recognition and management of suspected spinal injuries.
The unit is typically relevant for personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations which provide a first aid service in an environment where there is a risk of spinal injuries.
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace in an industry with high risk for spinal injury.
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid or
- HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support (or equivalent) **copy must be provided at time of enrolment
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAEME004A Provide Emergency Care For Suspected Spinal Injury
- Full course: 5 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2.5 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
For more information about our Remote Area First Aid course please feel free to give us a call on 0431 248 389 or email [email protected]
Please read and review this information prior to undertaking your training with Allens Training or an Allens Training Partner STUDENT HANDBOOK