Event Phone: 0431248389
- 10685NAT Course in safe handling of sharps and infectious waste - NOV
25 November, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Your Trainer For This Program
Keith is the founding Director of Remote Safety Solutions and has a diverse background, with an adventure background derived from working as a guide in Australia and overseas he has dealt with a range of remote incidents within his own adventures. Keith's emergency management and first aid skills are derived from working as Ski Patroller and Rescue Air Crewman for a number of rescue and emergency services. When Keiths not in the office he's on the road traveling with his team to some of Australias most remote and isolated communities delivering a range of courses to better prepare people for any unforeseen incidents they may encounter.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
- 10685NAT Course in safe handling of sharps and infectious waste
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and interpret policy, procedural and legislative documents.
- Oral and written communication skills to clarify/follow instructions and complete report documentation
- Physically implement hazard control, use personal protective equipment and infection prevention, apply safe manual handling techniques, handle and dispose of sharps and infectious waste using available resources and equipment.
- Face to Face – 6 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 5 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and RSS
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Venue Phone: 02 8957 5428
Venue Website: www.remotesafety.com.auAddress:
Remote Safety Solutions HQ
First Aid Training in Sydney, Northern Beaches N SW
Courses run from this venue,
- HLTAID003 provide first aid
- HLTAID002 provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 CPR
- PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher use)
- 10340NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste