- HLTAID001 & UETTDRRF06 - NOV
10 November, 2020
7:00 am - 10:00 am
Your Trainer For This Program
Keith is the founding Director of Remote Safety Solutions and has a diverse background, with an adventure background derived from working as a guide in Australia and overseas he has dealt with a range of remote incidents within his own adventures. Keith's emergency management and first aid skills are derived from working as Ski Patroller and Rescue Air Crewman for a number of rescue and emergency services. When Keiths not in the office he's on the road traveling with his team to some of Australias most remote and isolated communities delivering a range of courses to better prepare people for any unforeseen incidents they may encounter.
The CPR and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
- HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06 Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions)
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Face to Face – 5.5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the section following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Recommended renewal for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is every 12 months. UETTDRRF06 Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Venue Phone: 02 8957 5428
Venue Website: www.remotesafety.com.auAddress:
Remote Safety Solutions HQ
First Aid Training in Sydney, Northern Beaches N SW
Courses run from this venue,
- HLTAID003 provide first aid
- HLTAID002 provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 CPR
- PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher use)
- 10340NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste